Casa do Corpo Santo was built in 1714, next to a section of the Setúbal Wall. The name of the space derives from the name of the saint patron of the Navigators’ Brotherhood of the city, that was installed there for centuries. The saint patron was Saint Pedro Gonçalves, protector of the shipwrecked people and Dominican friar, known as Body of Christ.
The house has several sets of baroque tiles of master P.M.P., with highlight to the ceilings with 17th century paintings and the gilded wood of the chapel, in the national style.
- DECORATION IN BAROQUE TILES, OF MASTER P.M.P.
17TH CENTURY PAINTED CEILINGS
GILDED WOOD OF THE CHAPEL
- NAUTICAL SCIENCE INSTRUMENTS COLLECTION
Donated by Irineu Cruz
Tuesdays to Fridays, from 09 am to 12.30 am and from 02 pm to 05.30 pm.
On Saturdays it is open only during the afternoon period.
1.50€ per person.
Free of charge for children under 12,
adults over 65 and school groups.
Address: Rua do Corpo Santo 7
Tel: +351 265 534 222